BASIC INTRODUCTION to the new generation SECTIONAL TITLE LEGISLATION
effective since 7 October 2018
We invite you to join our next Trustee/Owner/Portfolio Manager Training Seminar. that will be on 12 May 2018 at
NG Kerk Suider Strand, Gordons Bay Road, Strand, 7140 | 8H30 TO 14H00 | Please RSVP before the 4 May 2018.
- Would you drive a car without knowing the rules of the road?
- Would you give even the smallest of businesses to a person
- who has never worked in a business before, to run?
Then why buy into a sectional title complex, committing to what is perhaps the biggest investment of your life, without knowing how the legislation relating to this investment works?
The purpose of this 4-hour presentation is to bring about a basic understanding of what the sectional title legislation covers, and to assist owners to understand, what their responsibilities and duties are, and how the body corporate should be run.
It provides insight to aspiring trustees to recognize the responsibilities and duties that they take on and hopefully encourages them to learn more.
This presentation is, down to earth, practical and deals with key need-to-know aspects.
Why this basic introduction to the sectional title legislation is important:
- White collar crime is on a sharp incline, and bodies corporate are vulnerable because of the lack of involvement and understanding of the owners on how sectional title should /does work.
- Trustees do not require a minimum entry level of training on ST law to be nominated/elected,
- Without being empowered, you don’t know your rights or how to deal with issues
What this training is not:
- A font of all knowledge
- A quick fix to your ST problems
- An advice forum
This training is brought to you by Shirley Baillie of S Baillie and Associates the Author and Publisher of Keyword Access to the Sectional Titles Act (now 9 years old).
Not a lawyer by profession but by combining 30+ years of being an owner, investor, trustee, and estate agent together with her experience in publishing Keyword Access, she is able to present a practical, hands-on, and informative presentation to give you wider depth of understanding.
Cost of the training seminar R1000, with an early bird discount of R200 if registered and paid by the 1st May 2017. This cost will include the training manual.
To book your seat for this prestigious training seminar please contact Lilian, from COMSAC’s at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +27 84 420 1970.
Venue: NG Kerk Suider Strand, Gordons Bay Road, Strand, 7140 (NOT HELDERBERG VILLAGE) 8H30 TO 14H00